Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Just a few musings...

So, I haven't really written much for a while, and I think that's mostly because I don't really feel very motivated to do a lot....

I started a new job about a month ago, and while I absolutely love working there, I find it difficult to maintain a healthy lifestyle as far as lunchtime is concerned. I mean when I worked at Macy's I had the opportunity to eat at Subway, or the food court and get a veggie burrito or whatever, but now that I'm at this new place, I am consistently eating not so great things.

I don't take a lunch break at work.....or let me rephrase, I work through my lunch break. There is a place next door, Pizza Nosh, that is the bomb diggity. I believe they are orthodox Jews, and they serve only vegetarian food. It is so convenient to just go next door, and they give us a deal, but I feel likes it's not a very smart choice.

About 3 weeks ago, I hit the 10 lb mark. I was so excited! I couldn't believe I had actually done it! But withing the week, I had gained some back. I'm at about 5 lbs now.....and it's.....well it's depressing. I FEEL like I've been doing so much, but the more I think about it, I KNOW I've been giving in a lot more than I should.

I'm trying to do what a lot of diet plans say where you should take a cheat day just to break up the mundane. But I feel like I cheat too often. I honestly am at a loss. I don't have the motivation that I want, and I don't know how to become motivated.

In the coming months and weeks I'm going to start training to do a 5k, but I just feel so bleh about everything. I'm so discouraged about it, and I don't know how to become encouraged......

My hope is to update more frequently than I have been.....here's hoping for encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment